Thursday, June 30, 2016

Writing a Resume


Who would have thought that Solomon had anything to say about writing a resume?

I do not know how employers in general view resumes. I’ve heard some advise folks to ‘beef up’ their resume since employers naturally expect prospective candidates to exaggerate their qualifications.

Wait a minute!
Is this a game of poker? Do I write my resume with the idea of out-thinking or out-maneuvering my prospective boss?

I understand that there are different ways to express oneself. However, there is no need for false humility, and no room for empty arrogance. Simple honesty is the right way. Consider...

   Like clouds and wind without rain
   Is a man who boasts of his gifts falsely.
   --Proverbs 25:14

What if you 'beef up' your resume so that it is selling ‘rain,’ then you get the job, but all you’ve really got to offer is 'clouds and wind'!?

Be wise; be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome from all readers. Please be respectful toward others who post comments. Choose your words wisely.